The month of July was marked by a spectacular increase in sales in Quebec, as 11,173 transactions were concluded across the province, an increase of 49 per cent.
All three property categories posted a notable increase in sales compared to July of last year:
- Single-family homes: +53 per cent
- Condominiums: +47 per cent
- Plexes (2-5 dwellings): +30 per cent
As for prices, the median price of single-family homes, condominiums and plexes increased by 16, 11 and 8 per cent, respectively, compared to July of 2019.
Here is the median price of single-family homes in the province’s six CMAs in July 2020, as well as their variation as compared to July of last year.
- Montreal: $423,000 (+18%)
- Gatineau: $320,000 (+23%)
- Quebec City: $275,000 (+4%)
- Sherbrooke: $262,268 (+20%)
- Saguenay: $202,725 (+11%)
- Trois-Rivières: $178,300 (+6%)
Click here for more statistics